Let's Go to the Gym

6 April 2016 High Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire

A year ago, I would never be seen at a gym. I always assumed gyms were for the super-fit, exercise enthusiasts. However, after one massive kick, and a spur-of-the-moment burst of motivation, I decided to try at least a whole hour one a few machines. Three hours later, I was loving every moment and decided the gym is my new favourite place. As much as I enjoy having a higher level of fitness and slowly losing weight, I also love shopping for gym gear and finding new outfits for each session. Activewear is just so much fun to shop for!
One of my favourite looks is this almost all-black outfit I wear when I have to walk to the gym. It's important for me to keep warm, as there's still a little snow on the ground; but I don't want to be wearing multiple layers because walking quickly will keep me heated. My leather jacket is a cold weather essential and an overall wardrobe must. The great thing about this faux leather piece is that it keeps you warm once you're warm - almost like a thermal. Because it's faux, the fabric is lightweight and easy to move in. The fur collar is a great accessory for this season too. I never carried a bag to the gym at first, but now that I've become more confident with going, I will shower and sometimes change into different clothes while there. This small but spacious Nike bag is absolutely perfect for me and holds just the right amount without becoming a burden. 
I have never owned a pair of Vans shoes until a few weeks ago. They were immensely popular while I was in school, but never something that I was into. However, while doing my weekly browse at TK Maxx, I came across this pair in the men's section and knew I would never seem them again. They're bright without being too 'in-your-face' and can be worn casually and for exercise. Vans shoes are way more comfortable than I imagined and I'm definitely going to look into getting another pair soon. 
MATALAN TOP // MISS SELFRIDGE JACKET (similar - Mango) // KARRIMOR LEGGINGS // TK MAXX VANS (similar) // NIKE BAG // NEXT SUNGLASSES

13 comments

  1. I love your gym leggings, I find them so comfy to wear when I'm just sat at home for the day! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I agree with you, activewear is so much fun to shop for :) I love the idea of wearing a leather jacket over your gym clothes

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute! I'm more motivated to go workout after I shop for cute activewear.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to a gym in years but one thing that always tempts me back is the excuse to buy gym clothes! Yours look great.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look!

    www.thewonderlanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cool gym look!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to the gym is a great excuse to buy new and cute exercise clothes. You're working hard, so may as well treat yourself, right?

    Alyse (J.X.L.) | LUMIÈRE & LENS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember starting the gym a couple of years ago, I used to wear my old tracksuits that looked like old pj's haha! These days there are so many great options for gym clothes! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning look! Love your jacket!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous kit! I love shopping for gymwear - it makes me just that more motivated to go :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool sporty chic look
    Lovin the shoes and bag :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne