Spring Ambition

21 April 2016 Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK

Summer is always everyone’s favourite season. Honestly, it’s even my favourite season. There’s sunshine, people are way more chill and despite the level of bees, it’s nice to see more plants and animals. As much as I love laying around in the warm weather and basking in the sun, I think spring is still a great season to prep for the summer. I’m a total organisation freak so I basically plan everything down to the T, and using this time of year is a great way to set out some blogging goals and tasks to be done. I guess this post is sort of like an update on Anika May!
I need to get on top of my blog posts. Although I try to post three times a week, it can be a real struggle and I usually complete a post the night before. Not that different to school really. But fortunately, I don’t see blogging as a burden and not having any post ideas or scheduled drafts stresses me out to another level and it can be quite discouraging. One of my biggest blogging goals is to not only have at least on pre-written post a week, but also to write more personal posts. Not that the words I type aren’t genuine, but I tend to slip into my English essay tendencies. You know, the whole point, evidence, explanation routine like I’m an A Level robot. That kind of writing is ideal for formal posts and blogging jobs, but not as much for Anika May.
My new camera arrives soon, and I can’t wait. There will 100% be a blogpost on its features and a real review. It’s a Pentax camera, so it will be nice to get to know a new brand. I’ve always been a Canon girl so buying a brand new style that’s a little higher range should help improve the quality of my photographs. Improving my blog has been on my to-do list for as long as I can remember and is still something I strive to do. Whether it’s my journalistic skills, or even the topics I talk about. I think it’s good to keep a little ambition.
Before summer arrives, I certainly need to sort out my iPhone. Not that it’s falling apart or anything, in fact I’ve managed to keep it without smashing the screen… although I have gone through a few screen protectors! I have a small obsession with phone cases, and I think I’m going to try and get a new phone case every so often to inspire me as I like change. The phone case I’m using today is a spring-themed one, with a bright blossom image (my favourite)! The case is my custom made by me which makes it all the more better, and kindly provided to me by CaseApp*. To get 20% off your own custom phone case or laptop skin, use the code ‘ANIKA20CA’ and get started! My phone apps also need organising, they’re all over the place and I’m just too lazy to deal with it. But that’s what spring is for right? Cleaning up and sorting out.
Finally, I’m learning to drive! It’s a long time coming, and most people are shocked to learn that I’m almost twenty years old and have no idea how to move a car, but that's about to change. Sadly, I didn't receive a Range Rover Sport for my 17th birthday like a few of my schoolmates did. However, driving is something I have always wanted to do. It would allow so much more freedom, especially in blogging in different locations around Yorkshire.

So, with April almost over and summer hitting the UK soon, I have plenty to do and even more to blog about. Stay tuned!
This post is in collaboration with CaseApp.

42 comments

  1. great blog, dear! i love it :)

    check out my blog anytime,btw

    kiss,
    www.riskinovianti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love it
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your phone case is so pretty!

    http://notjessfashion.com/bali-high

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lipsticks and the phone case is amazing...totally spring :-*

    Melanie / www.inblushandblack.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite season is spring, I love the promise of change and fresh starts.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this post, setting goals and making plans is such a good idea :) Also i didn't drive until I was 23, so 20 is not bad at all!

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! In love with that phone case!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting about the new camera! I can't wait to see what you'll shoot with it!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the amazing work! I love your blog <3

    Sincerely,


    www.aikocunanan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel extra ambition with each new season!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've worked with CaseApp for my MacBook skin and I love it! Still using it till today!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the phone case, beautiful! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blossoms on the cover! So pretty

    Take Care Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's so nice, I will be soon re-learning to drive (long story).

    lu | Coco&Louis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty flatlay with so many lovely pieces! I adore your cell phone case, so pretty and so lovely for spring! I also love your notebook! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah this flatlay is beautiful! <3 I love your phone case. Good luck on driving too! Xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. The case is super cute!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. The case is super cute!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your phone case is gorgeous! Love it!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post and beautiful pictures :)

    Kisses Ashon
    http://ashonfashionary.com/her-curiosity-boho-accessories/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your phone cover !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. is that sakura flowers? that looks so good, i love items with a touch of pink :) hopefully i found a phone case like yours that will fit a samsung S6 edge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. just a great post! love that phone case!!
    xo, claudia
    www.lifesrichpaegant.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that phone case
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice one ;)

    xx
    MĂłnica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MONICA SORS X AIRE BARCELONA - DREAM DRESSES

    ReplyDelete
  26. That phone case is great.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anika,
    this post is very lovely and the pictures are adorable.
    kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your phone case, also good luck learning to drive!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  29. very pretty accessory and I love how arty the images turned out to be! so chic!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Que blog mais lindo!

    Beijos,

    Isa | http://isabellalessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. the floral design is beauitiful - i´m still looking for a nice smartphone case in spring design.

    wishes from heart, vanessa
    via STIEFMÜTTERCHEN

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have to organise everything too! Over the summer I'm planning on posting more regularly, can't wait to read the review on your new camera :) x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm so excited to have fallen across your blog Anika! I'm the same with wanting to stay on top of my blog and it's really admirable you post three times a week - I certainly couldn't!

    Gorgeous phone case too!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  34. That iphone case is so so pretty! Spring and autumn are my fave season. Love, Kirsten

    www.thelifbissue.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. love that case! it looks super cute! :)

    xx Jamie | With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love organising things, I really fancy a little bullet journal to detail all my goals/blog goals in. I love your phone case, I keep toying with making my own laptop case but don't know what I want! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVE your notebook! And all the best with learning to drive, there's no such thing as too late!

    SinĂ©ad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really like the lipstick colour!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne