Blogging at an Event | My Three Essentials

16 May 2016 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I recently attended the Live at Leeds Festival thanks to The Blogger Programme and The Zeitgeist Agency and enjoyed the whole day. However, it mean I needed to be prepared as the festival is held in a number of venues in Leeds and I’d be on the go all day. This gave the idea to create a blog post on three essentials for blogging at an event or on the go!

A NOTEBOOK
I mentioned in a previous post that I struggle to concentrate and get stuff done unless I write down what needs to be completed. For a blogging event, I like to take note of opening and closing times, as well as the names and numbers of important people. When going to the Live at Leeds event, there were certain artists I really wanted to see at different places across the city centre, so I noted down where I needed to be and when. It’s common that events will have brands sponsoring or gifting items, so noting down the names of those brands and even the Twitter and Instagram handles to mention them online.

A CAMERA + LENS
Bringing a camera is an obvious essential, but if I can squeeze in another lens, I always try to do so. Depending on the job, you could bring different types of cameras to produce different types of photos. Or, you could be like me and super protective over expensive equipment and chose to bring the less expensive camera! For Live at Leeds I brought my Pentax K-S2 camera, but the Canon 1000D is always a great option for taking clear photos and capturing the right shot. If there’s an event where I can’t bring such a big camera, my iPhone 6s camera works well too. It’s great to be able capture a photo and post it straight onto my social media accounts.

ACCESSORIES + MAKEUP
Attending an event usually means an OOTD photoshoot, and I always like to touch up just before to ensure I like remotely presentable for the blog post! Makeup is a crucial must-have for most places I go, and I hate forgetting the extra tube of eyeliner or another powder pack. For accessories, I like to bring anything that will make my outfit a little better or has a shimmer. I don’t think I’ve ever said no to diamonds ;) Live at Leeds resulting in spending some time in the sun, so I brought along my Bloc Eyewear sunglasses* and Dixi “Born a Bad Seed” ring* to add to my look.

What are your top three essentials?

12 comments

  1. This was a really helpful post, thank you!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips found this really helpful thanks :D

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really good tips, a camera, a notebook and a bit of makeup are definitely the most important things - other than that I might bring my polaroid camera. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you got everything together for the blogging event, it must be super fun and hope you'll share your experience with us.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great list of essentials! A camera (sometimes with different lenses) is always on my list too, and I like your idea of brining along some makeup essentials for last-minute touch ups :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Magazine Subscription Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these useful tips :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a helpful tips

    http://inezdivaa.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool list Anika! I like to bring the same essentials as yours! I also always take my business cards :)

    Have a great day!

    xx,

    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, I love that notebook!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! I usually never go anywhere without a notebook and a pen, so for me that's an obvious choice :) I was never to an event like that, but it sounds really fun and useful :) xx

    BeautyPepTalk
    Make sure you enter my huge celebration giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a helpful post doll! Love it x

    Check out my latest post, if you get a min xxx
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne