Live At Leeds 2016 | The Outfit

3 May 2016 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I recently went to the Live at Leeds festival on April 30 and had an amazing time. The Blogger Programme and The Zeitgeist Agency sent me to enjoy the festival which is held every year in Leeds, at different venues across the city. It takes quite a bit of planning before hand, such as deciding which acts to see, what to bring, and what outfit to wear. 
I was luckily provided with some great accessories by BLOC Eyewear* and Dixi* to make my look different to other outfits I've put together. My shiny ring, which reads "born a bad seed" is absolutely perfect for the Live at Leeds festival and blends into my outfit with ease. Similarly, the sunglasses are super simple and don't look strange with my look, which is what I look for in accessories. I was previously wearing an enormous necklace but it just got in the way and starred to irritate me. For me, the lighter the accessory, the better. I don't like feeling weighed down, especially if I already have a few layers on. 
For the outfit, I immediately decided I was going to wear this bright orange trench jacket I got aaaages ago. I found it on the floor in a changing room with a hole in the shoulder. After taking it to the checkout, the Miss Selfridge staff confirmed it was a sale item at the time (the very last in stock) and I could have it at a discount price as there's a hole alone the seam. Luckily, my mum's a fashion designer so it could be fixed and has stayed with me every since. I wear this jacket quite frequently, because it goes so well with bright blue denim in a casual look, or over black for a night time look. It has pockets, and a loose belt which I tie around the back - definitely a one-of-a-kind gem! I also have a habit of wearing my leather jacket everywhere. I'm trying to break it, but they're just too versatile and no one seems to be able to predict the weather in the UK! I brought along my faux leather just in case the clouds came in and it kept me warm once it got dark.
My skirt is a more recent buy from Next. Initially, I bought it for a night out around Call Lane (my favourite area) in Leeds. The best thing about Call Lane is that it's not an out out street, and there are so many bars and restaurants to chose from, so it's best to wear something casual but put-together. This utility-inspired black skirt is ideal, and is also high waisted so helps to create a more feminine silhouette. As my jacket is so bright, I didn't want to clash it with another colour so stuck to black for basically everything else. Live at Leeds was a super fun night and I have to say a huge thanks to The Blogger Programme and The Zeitgeist Agency for sending me along - more posts to come!
 Top - homemade // Skirt  - Next // Orange Jacket - Miss Selfridge (similar) // Leather Jacket - Miss Selfridge (similar) // Shoes - thrifted // Bag - Next (similar) // Sunglasses - BLOC Eyewear* // Ring - Dixi*

45 comments

  1. You have such a great blog! Love this jacket and skirt!

    http://thestylebounty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look dear! Your coat is amazing!
    Much love, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit!

    www.chloewitty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! Love all of the layering!

    xo,


    http://aikocunanan.com/slit-second/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trench coat - definitely adds a nice pop of colour to the outfit. Sounds like an exciting even too! I have a friend that just moved to Leeds and it makes me super jealous!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jacket! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit! :D

    www.bloguerosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome look. I really love the vibrant & fun color of the coat. Sounds like you had a great experience at Leeds Fest. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obsessed with that bag!

    www.moorehisstyle.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your layering game so much! Great outfit!


    XoXo,

    Tamara - Loveofmode.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit! The orange jacket looks great.
    Blue Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome outfit. great combo too, I love it, thank you for sharing, you look gorgeous!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That orange blazer is amazing! I love who it's not too bright :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah rightly said before attending any event their should some plan on how to dress up more than any thing i love your sunglasses and orange jacket which suited you perfectly and the outfit which you weared are also light weighted and should be comfortable for our look all in all you have a decent outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to go to Live at Leeds, but I feel like that'll be in the future. Although The Blogger Programme invited me. Anyways, I love your outfit and I'm glad you enjoyed the night!
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute outfit! That orange jacket is so nice.

    http://facetocurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that pop of salmon shade! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so chic, I love that colour on you
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! Loving this button up skirt!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous girl! :) love your hair!

    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfit! Looks amazing!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great outfit!!!!
    Chiara
    http://www.chiaraangiolino.it/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that color combo :)

    http://www.mykindofjoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking fab! That's pretty cool that you got sent to Live at Leeds. X

    ♥ Carly Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look gorgeous! I've never been to a music festival and I really want to go to one soon! :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit! I always struggle with what to wear to festivals/concerts. So thanks for the inspo, loved this post x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have never been to a proper festival but I'm hoping to change that this or next year. I love your outfit, the trench jacket is perfect, having a mother who is a fashion designer definitely has its advantages. ;) xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've gone to the festival - this is so good! I'm sure you've enjoyed it big time :)
    Your outfit is so easy going and edgy in the same time - loving the vibe!!

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your outfit especially the orange coat and bag. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look absolutely stunning whit coral color!
    Have a nice day!
    Kiss
    Maggie D.
    Fashion Blog Maggie Dallospedale fashion diary

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome layering and those sunglasses are pretty!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your bright orange trench jacket! It adds such a stunning pop of colour.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a nice Outfit....

    www.mysweetwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes, girl, for working that price!!! I'm always negotiating even if it's a little smudge of dirt, lol! I mean, who's to say it'll come out, right?! ;) I love the trench, the color is bold, powerful and fun and looks great paired with the all black look. That bag is also really pretty, I love the gold hardware! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice outfit!!!!
    Chiara
    http://www.chiaraangiolino.it/2016/05/04/seilamiaprincipessa/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Outfit looks amazing, all of the layers look perfect :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your outfit is lovely, I adore the orange coat it's lovely and a bargain buy too, even better! I also have that skirt from Next but in Khaki :) you look lovely, love the whole outfit :)

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ah Leeds! How I miss it. I used to study there! You look great. I love how you have multiple layers the really have styled your look!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look fabulous! I love the bright orange trench!

    Xoxo
    Serein
    https://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne