21 Ways to Speed up a Work Day

3 June 2016 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

We’ve all been there. You’re at work, it’s around 9.05am and the day feels like it has already been three hours. Everything is dragging and it seems like the office clock is broken because the seconds and minutes are lasting way longer than they’re support to be. Sometimes, the entire week can drag along; and after a few years of walking in different offices and a few locations, I have worked out many ways to help the work day fly by.

Social media
It’s incredibly easy to get lost on Twitter… or Tumblr… or Instagram… or Pinterest…. or… what?

Write for fun
Getting blogposts done seems like a blast when you’re avoiding the secular work.

Finish your grocery list
It’s so much easier to complete the weekly shop when you’re not in the food store and trying to remember 30 items at once.

Play online games
Remember Stardoll? Yeah it’s still a thing. There are thousands of online games to get distracted by, the help the day pass by.

Create a new Pinterest board
Whenever I create a new board, I love to fill it as much as possible before the next one.

Work on your posture
I know my posture needs a lot of work, and why not use an office chair to practise?

Google baby animal pictures
Aren’t they just the cutest? I can’t pick a favourite. No wait, I can: tiger cubs.

Find funny memes
Twitter is the perfect place to find memes, but there are other sites like Reddit, Memebase and memes.com too!

Go to the bathroom
There’s nothing weird about 10 bathroom breaks right?

Perfect your cuppa
At one office job, I spent 20 minutes making each cup of tea. It was not only one of the most entertaining moments of the day, but now I can make a smashing cup of tea.

Snack break!
There’s always time for a snack – time to work on building up that secret drawer.

Discover some new blogs
I love stalking new blogs and using Bloglovin’ to fall in love with a whole load of blog posts, collecting as many as I can.

Read the news
Most news channels and stations have apps which update regular to keep us in the loop.

Plan your next holiday
And plan everything down to the T! A detailed itinerary and lists of landmarks to photograph.

Work on your posture
A good office chair is the perfect opportunity to rehearse a great posture.

Talk to someone
Whether it’s online or in person, engaging in some good conversation will help time fly by.

Five minute jam sesh
Sometimes I don’t even need headphones, when there’s a song stuck in my head (usually a classic Disney one), it’s easy to sing through the whole song and watch five minutes disappear.

Clean your desk
I’m a little OCD so this is more of a hobby for me, but really helps the day seems shorter.

Ask for a new task
A new task that’s exciting and time-consuming is the most obvious way to speed up a work day while actually getting work done!

Walk around
When working in a bigger office, I would occasionally stretch my legs for a little while, it’s healthy.

Observe your surroundings & daydream

People watch, stare out of the window or even inspect the clock! Plus falling into a state of happy daydreaming is definitely one of my favourite things to day. 
Image source: Tumblr

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne