Hello Sunshine

7 July 2016 Eldwick, West Yorkshire

There’s something about the sunny weather that makes everything better. I could be in the worst mood, one of those days where everything is going wrong, but a little bit of sun makes the mood a lot less destructive and I can actually think clearly – maybe even smile a little bit. I love sitting in the sun, absorbing rays and just taking everything in. Despite the hay fever, I find summer quite relaxing and it’s becoming my new favourite season. This year, I wanted to try adding more colours in my wardrobe, and one colour I haven’t worn in a very long time is yellow.
I don’t like loads of attention on me, which is strange to say seen as though I stand in pathways and take photos of my outfit to be published on the internet. Still, I really don’t like a lot of eyes on me, and find that wearing darker colours puts that aspect of anxiety at ease. For me, wearing yellow means more attention. It’s naturally an eye-catching colour, no matter what the shade and is one I used to actively avoid. I think yellow goes pretty well with my skin tone, well I’m hoping it does because I kinda like it now. This yellow cold shoulder top was bought from Tesco back when they had the F&F website. I was on a mission to brighten up my look, but didn’t want to spend £300 on a t-shirt. This top was only £12 at the time (sadly it’s out of stock, I haven’t seen it since) and it’s made really well. The quality of the fabrics is really good, it’s not just two pieces of polyester thrown together. It has a strong lining to ensure the shirt isn’t seen-through, and adjustable straps. I was actually quite surprised because Tesco isn’t known for being the hottest clothing store on the high street – it’s where I go to buy my favourite cereal.

I was hesitant on keeping the top because it is very bright, and seems to get brighter in sunlight; but then I was reminded that’s exactly the reason I need it. It becomes the subject and centre of an outfit with minimal effort, and is remarkably easy to dress around. I used to think bright colours were a no no for me, but maybe it’s something I need to be a lot more open to.

Top: TESCO (similar)
Jeans: NEW LOOK
Shoes: CONVERSE
Bag: TOPSHOP (sold out…boo! similar)

Sunglasses: NEXT

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne