Feelin' Seasonal

8 September 2016 Burley in Wharfedale, UK

Since September hit us, I’ve been feeling different, but good different. I don’t know what it is about this time of year but I always feel a lot more motivated than usual; maybe because I can sit in cosy coffee houses and watch autumn blow by, rather than stick to a plastic deck chair and try not to get sunstroke. I do love summer, but autumn is an easy favourite. It’s the biggest season in fashion, the prettiest season in nature, and the cosiest season in the year. Whenever I’m feeling inspired, my go-to app or site is Pinterest. I do still adore Tumblr, but that has one specific theme running through it. On the other hand, I can create as many boards on Pinterest for whatever I like and fill them with my favourite things. As announced on Twitter, I made a few new boards over the past few days and had to share them on Anika May.
LET’S GET COSY
One of the best things this season has to offer are the cosy nights. It’s surely a struggle when you actually have to go outside and brave the chilly winds, but wrapping up in a big cotton blanket with candles, apple cider, your favourite slippers and the falling leaves outside is a perfect evening. Even campfires during this time of year are amazing because everyone can cuddle up and keep warm. In the UK, autumn means Bonfire Night, which equals fireworks and sparklers for everyone too!
WINTER VIBES
I used to always say winter was my favourite time of year. There’s something about snow that makes me feel really happy, even though I get sick of it after a while. You can guarantee winter will roll around and I will be complaining about being cold and wishing I was back inside again, I’m annoying like that. Nevertheless, I do like how pretty snow looks and the excitement felt when the first icicle of many appears. Wrapping up in warm clothes is so much fun, and winter results in plenty of woolly hats and oversized jumpers.
AUTUMN VIBES
Although I thought ‘Autumn Vibes’ might be similar to cosy nights, I couldn’t miss out the vibes from my favourite season in one board! Autumn is such a beautiful season, and brings out amazing colours in the trees – it never ceases to amaze me. Fashion wise, I love the layers autumn brings, and the new tones that match the theme of the season. I own a lot of cardigans, so this time of year is the perfect few months to put them to use. Similarly, my bedroom has slowly been filling with candles and is now ready to burst – I can’t wait to use them!
SPRING VIBES

I’m a spring baby (hence the May in Anika May) so I have a soft spot for that time of year. One thing I really like about spring is that it brings those amazing shower storms, and the beautiful blossoms. In the town where I live, there is a main street that runs through to the next one. This wide road is littered with blossom trees from beginning to end, and when the wind blows, it looks like it’s almost raining petals. Plus, the lambs are born in the spring time, and watching them jump around makes me heart so happy.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne