W7 Colour Me Buff Eye Colour Palette | Review

21 September 2016 Harewood, UK

I’m crazy about eyeshadows. They’re becoming quite an important factor in my life and I’m embracing the obsession. The number one reason I love to collect shadows is because you can always mix it up, especially with palettes. Eye shadows can be altered to suit any outfit, and create any style. From the sexy smokey eye to a simple nude lip, I love ‘em all!
I have a lot of bright colours with eye shadows, but a nude palette is something I was lacking. I have reviewed both the Maybelline and Collection nude eye shadow palette, and finally decided it’s time to try another W7 review. I already have the W7 In The Nude palette, which I loved, but I have to say I love the Colour Me Buff palette that little bit more. The texture in Colour Me Buff is different to In The Nude, as the shadows are a lot more silkier and apply very smoothly, almost like a cream; whereas In The Nude is dustier.
The first thing I adore about the palette is that the shades are much more like nudes. Although the shades in the In The Nude palette are a little more pinky and are much lighter. I do like the shades, but as my skin tone is quite dark, I’ve found that over time some of them blend together and just look like the same colour. On the contrary, the Colour Me Buff palette has the light shades but they have defined colours that show up well on my eyelids. Sadly, I did initially swatch the shades on my wrist, but they didn’t show up as well as I’d hoped (mainly because this skin on my forearms is a lot lighter than my lids and a very different texture).
I managed to pick up the palette for £4.20 and a huge factor for me is pigment, and luckily the palette delivers. The colours in the palette are true to their shade and Onyx, which is basically black, actually shows up black. I’ve used some palettes before that include black and it just shows up as a dodgy grey. The shadows also stay put for a long time – very important. W7 is an inexpensive brand so I wasn’t expecting a holy grail level of eye shadows but they definitely work for everyday use. I’ve found that I don’t need to ‘top-up’ when wearing them and they stay well for a night out.  
I would totally recommend this palette to anyone who’s looking for a simple set of colours that will work on all skin tones. They stay well, and this could be because of a creamier texture in contrast to other W7 palettes I’ve tried. The twelve shadows are a lot of fun to play around with them, and versatile for different looks - perfect for autumn!
Have you tried any W7 Eye Colour Palettes before? What did you think?


Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne