Back to School

19 October 2016 West Yorkshire, UK

Since leaving school, I haven’t really looked back. Not that I didn’t enjoy learning about different subjects and increasing my skills but just the idea of being back in the education system gives me nightmares. However, sometimes I put outfits together, and just wish I had these items of clothing while I was in school. Looking back at sixth form, my dress sense was not… the best. Let’s just say, I got to a point where I didn’t care much for my appearance (a stage every student goes through) and literally put on the first scraps of fabric I could find. One day, I actually wore a pyjama top to an exam.
Today’s outfit totally reminds me of the type of style I wanted to have in school, super simple and very comfortable. I’m actually not that big on double denim, but with the two contrasting colours, it works. Denim jackets were a staple summer piece for me and I think they’re still great for the first few weeks of autumn. Before it gets too chilly, I definitely think you can get away with the occasional summer item – even if it means being the biggest (Lizzie McGuire) outfit repeater.

I never had a rucksack in school. At one point I literally just carried my ring binders around and hoped for the best – getting on the bus was a nightmare. I recently bought this backpack from New Look through ASOS and absolutely love it. They’re so easy to work with! Similarly, these awesome Vans I picked up from TK Maxx (for only £6) are my new go-to shoe. I love the unique pattern and I think they brighten up the look without taking all the attention in the outfit.

For me, one of the most exciting things about autumn, or fall, is the colours I get to wear. I picked up this thinly knitted jumper from Matalan and the colour is a must for autumn. I’m back in my denim jacket from my most-recent OOTD because… well it’s an awesome jacket. I even wrapped the sleeves from my jumper around the jacket, for that extra touch of auburn; I really think the two fabrics work well together.
                                           
Jacket - F&F at Tesco // Jumper – Matalan (similar) // Jeans – ASOS // Shoes – Vans (similar) // Bag - New Look (similar)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne