Another Night on the Town

1 November 2016 Heaton, UK

Happy November! Yaaaay! Another OOTD! Or rather, OOTN. As I’ve mentioned in like a hundred posts, I love to go out. When I first turned eighteen, I didn’t go near nightclubs, I always thought they were tacky and a little bit unsanitary. Although my opinion hasn’t changed, I still think going out is a fun experience. Now that I’m twenty, I still pop into Mission or Prism when I have the energy, but I also love going for casual drinks. Not all the clubs in Leeds sell fun cocktails, usually it’s just shots for 50p and a random fizzy drink ft. vodka. However, there are a few areas in Leeds that are amazing for dressing up and sitting in a classy establishment, having cocktails that are called Queen B and The Bazinga.
As much as I love jeans, I stick to jeggings to ensure comfort. They’re stretchy, they’re soft, and they 100% skinny. I don’t always wear heels when I go out because I don’t always need the height. Therefore, these cute ankle boots from Next are my go-to, especially when I know I’m going to be walking around all night. To match my leggings and boots, I chose a simple black tee from a local charity shop that can be used for just about anything – it’s like one of those must have basics. The staple piece of this look is definitely this electric blue blazer from Dorothy Perkins – and it’s a size 8! 

I also chose to wear my favourite bag that was in a goodie bag from a recent Next event I went to. It’s made using one of my favourite colours: mink. I love the dusty pink shade and think it’s quite a cool contrast with the blazer. Another awesome accessory is my phone case, which luckily matches the whole blue vibe. It’s one I customised myself with GoCustomized and absolutely love. I got to choose my own image and decided to go with the case that completely cover my phone – mainly because I’m always dropping it and there’s no way I’m paying for another one. The process is actually a lot of fun, finding inspiring images (I chose my dream city New York) and the type of case you like – plus mine came in pretty good time. GoCustomized actually provided me with a lil’ discount code for my followers, so make sure to use “ANIKAMAY20” at the checkout to receive 20% off your order!

Blazer // Dorothy Perkins (similar)
Top // Thrifted
Jean Leggings // Dorothy Perkins
Boots // Next (similar)
Bag // Next

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne