My Top Five Bonfire Night Essentials

3 November 2016 Northampton, UK

Bonfire night is full of magic. A night under a sea of stars, warmed by a crackling fire while fireworks dance above – it’s fun for all. Bonfire night varies for me each year, sometimes I love to be right in the middle, surrounded by villagers and neighbours. Other years, I prefer to have my close friends with me while we have our own little party in my garden. Either way, it’s a night many in the UK look forward to because, well… fireworks are awesome. As with any event, I always have essentials. Can I find five major essentials from one store? Challenge accepted.

Jackets are a MUST! It’s absolutely freezing, especially living in the North so there’s no way I’m leaving the house without a good amount of padding on. I like shorter jackets so I can still play around with the rest of my outfit. This bomber jacket is perfection by Next! It has a five-star review and the colour is ideal for this time of year.
I wear hoodies basically every day. It’s very hard creating OOTD posts for my blog, as some weeks I just wear hoodies every single day. They have become my go-to for winter, and this cool but classic graphic hoody by Next is perfect for me. Another item with amazing reviews too! This hoodie could easily be tied with a pair of black leggings and an outfit is created.
Chelsea boots became a big thing around two years back, and everyone become obsessed. I find it quite hard to discover boots that don’t just look like the standard leather, but aren’t too out of the norm. The thick sole of these boots is perfect for being out in the colour, but I adore the small detail around the foot of the boot, as well as how strong and sturdy they look.
One of the hardest things about being out in the cold is certainly my ears getting cold. It kind of ruins the night for me. While looking for a travel mug on Next’s site, I came across this super cute set that managed to make it onto my list. I feel like the whole set is very ‘Tumblrish’ and was drawn to the cool quote on the travel mug. And as you know, I loooovvveee having quotes everywhere.
I wanted to find a beanie hat that would suit the season, but also work with my list of essentials. This striped piece perfectly suits the cosy bomber jacket (my number one), and would blend with the rest of the look. Made from a lurex knit to keep my head warm, this beanie is different to the many others I own and is totally an essential for the bonfire.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne