Monochrome Madness | Wishlist

10 December 2016 West Yorkshire, UK

monochrome madness

I love a good wishlist! And it's been a crazy long time since one has been featured on Anika May. One of the biggest reasons I love wishlists (and Polyvore), is because it's like window shopping in the comfort of my own home. I love building sets with fashion items, especially the accessories!


While I relax at home, all cosy and warm, I can share some of my favourite monochrome items this season. Starting off with this grid blouse by Joie (similar). The grid print immediately draw my attention, as I've always wanted a shirt like this one. It reminds me of old school American Apparel or Urban Outfitters, because it's simple but unique. The jersey blouse looks really comfortable and could be worn with a pencil skirt for a chic office look or these amazing jeans for a more casual style. Speaking of jeans, Topshop is pretty much the go-to place for denim. I adore these MOTO ripped jeans for the simplicity, plus dark jeans are my weakness - it's so hard not to love them!

As mentioned in my All About That Backpack post, rucksacks are my new obsession. Obviously that means I'm going straight to one of my favourite designer brands, and finding the perfect one. The Givenchy printed backpack gives me so much life it's unreal! The print and the price certainly make it unique, but it fits well into the monochrome look. I like bags with structure as the floppy ones just tend to irritate me after a while too. Anyone who knows me know I'm obsessed with stationary and certainly haven't changed. I think some form of stationary appears in literally every wishlist... oh well. I love the Smythson Bright Ideas notebook from Barney's and need it in my life. I find quote notebooks really inspirational, and getting organised is one of the easiest ways to stay motivated!

Finally, I've been on the hunt for some amazing but effortless heels to wear during this season, and I'm obsessed with the Gianvito Rossi sandals, especially the ankle cuff. The silhouette of an oversized shirt, jeans and heels is really chic and the monochrome theme means it could be worn for so many occasions. I would wear this outfit on a night on the town, but a wonderful meal too. The sandals really dress up the look, especially with the stunning floral lace!

Check out the rest of this set here. What's your favourite item?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne