Woolly Winter

7 December 2016 West Yorkshire, UK

Winter fashion means one thing for me, bring on the jumpers. They’re such an amazing fashion piece, and the thicker or cosier, the better. I feel like I have an endless supply of jumpers all over my house, from the amazing oversized knits to the slightly-too-small/too-scared-to-throw-away jumper. As I live in the North, I can basically wear jumpers in the summer, but chillier days means I can bring out the big guns.
Sadly, I can’t wear 100% wool because it irritates my skin, but this doesn’t stop me! I love the cosy and warm feeling a wool blend adds to jumper, so it’s the one thing I look for. Over time, I’ve been running out of ways to style jumpers, until I came across a look on Pinterest, and wanted to try it out myself. It reminds me a little bit of the drop-waist trend, and I’m feeling it!

All I needed was a jumper (check), a skater skirt (check), and over the knee boots…(check)! One thing I noticed, was that the jumper was oversized and almost as long as the skirt, so I basically copied this look. It’s something a little different for me, but I really like the unique look. I haven’t worn a skater skirt since they were the huge Tumblr trend back in ’08. Still, I hold onto little gems like this cotton number because it’s a timeless closet essential, and I can pair it with most items in my closet.


Similarly, over-the-knee boots are a new must for me. I was never into them before, until I got my fair pair and now I wear them everywhere. I adore these boots because they have a smaller heel, so I can still wear them in a formal setting without ending up with burning feet! 
Jumper – Topshop (similar)
Skirt – Topshop (similar)
Boots – Next
Bag – Topshop (similar)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne