There’s Just Something About Nature

6 July 2017

I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s something about being outdoors that does wonders for my mind. And the weird thing is, I’m not an outdoorsy person at all. I’ve been camping once in my entire life, and it was for a Year 9 school trip… it was compulsory. And my experience wasn’t great, I was forced to eat Quorn (I hate Quorn) and had to take part in orientation: basically an activity which involves 14-year-old children running around a field looking for signposts – not fun.
I’m also terrified of most insects. In fact, all of them. Autumn-time is great, because they all disappear (apart from September which is known as #ScarySpiderSeason). Basically, I don’t love being outside. I can be a bit of a couch potato and once stayed in my room for 18 hours straight.

However, recently, I’ve been doing a lot more yoga and trying to get out more, especially because it’s summer. I live in one of the most scenic areas of West Yorkshire, so I’ve always loved exploring the woods and moors. But exercise is incredibly important to me too. I’m still working on the diet side, but taking a walk is easy and effortless. I’ve even started running! Since stepping out the door a little more, I’ve noticed how much clearer everything is when I’m surrounded by nature. A natural environment provides a clear mind and it’s astounding seeing the benefits. Not only on my physical health, but also my mental.
As we’re already into July and well into summer (how?!), I’m making it a goal to get out at least five times a week. You should join me, it’ll be fun! Now that I have my Snapchat up and running, I like to document basically everything. There truly is something magical about nature. The sound of birds singing, the way trees light up in the sunlight and even the smell of cow manure. It all delivers a fresh outlook. If you’re ever stress or struggling with something, I would totally suggest taking a walk, a jog or a run. Even if that means driving a little while to get somewhere quiet.

Hiking will be next for me. I’m definitely looking for some nice spots to explore around the UK, so if you have any suggestions let me know!


Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne